1. If you were reviewing your own work, how would you describe its style or point of view?
Magically bizarre, but steeped in the recognizable.
2. Who are some of your favorite contemporary authors?
Love me some George Saunders. Also a huge fan of Aimee Bender, Dan Chaon, Adam Johnson. The last book I read that I really loved was Lindsay Hunter's collection Don't Kiss Me.
3. If you were told you couldn't write anymore, what job would you pursue and why?
I'd probably get a job piercing babies’ ears at some shitty mall jewelry store. Besides writing, it's the only other thing I'm qualified to do.
4. When you think of Austin, what comes to mind?
I drove through Austin once on a road trip with some of my college friends. When we were driving near there my friend Scott gave me a very painful titty twister. Whenever I think of Austin my nipple really hurts.
5. Answer the question you wish we had asked.
Q: Did you just pour some Kraken into your Diet Coke to make it through your day?
A: Yes. Yes, I did.