1. If you were reviewing your own work, how would you describe its style or point of view?
A modern romance of violent heat, sleeze drag and corn-hole.
2. Who are some of your favorite contemporary authors?
Jeffrey McDaniel, Joan Didion, Gregory Sherl, Matthew Zapruder, Zachary Schomburg, Cristin O’Keefe Aptowicz
3. If you were told you couldn't write anymore, what job would you pursue and why?
I would run river cruises. I used to own a boat and would take folks out for lit nights at sea. I would also go back to gondoliering.
4. When you think of Austin, what comes to mind?
The woman in Barton Springs at night that still haunts me, denim shorts, topless blonde and walking, collapsing into the black water. Her back to me and the moon was huge. Everyone howling at 10pm.
5. Ask the question you wish we had asked.
Why do so many writers become teachers and how do you get writers to party harder?