1. If you were reviewing your own work, how would you describe its style or point of view?
Its style is strange, I suppose. I'm often seeking the strange and particular in work I do.
2. Who are some of your favorite contemporary authors?
I seem to be mostly stuck in the land of the dead, but I just started a book by Krasznahorkai, which is wonderful. Cormac McCarthy in my early years, and his early books, was always a good companion. William T. Vollmann. Roberto Calasso--these come to mind at the moment.
3. If you were told you couldn't write anymore, what job would you pursue and why?
Lounge singer. Lots of joy in the moment.
4. When you think of Austin, what comes to mind?
5. Answer the question you wish we had asked.
I can't think of that question!