1. If you were reviewing your own work, how would you describe its style or point of view?
Depressed girl in a bad relationship drinks too much and acts sad.
2. Who are some of your favorite contemporary authors?
Willy Vlautin, Poe Ballantine, Donna Tartt, Susan Steinberg, Frederick Barthelme, Jean Thompson, Mary Gaitskill, Beth Nugent, Elizabeth Ellen, Hannah Pittard....
3. If you were told you couldn't write anymore, what job would you pursue and why?
For a long time, I thought I'd go on to get my master's degree in Clinical Psychology (I earned an undergraduate degree in psychology). I guess I'd go back to school and hang up a shingle, but then I'd want to write about it.
4. When you think of Austin, what comes to mind?
Topo Chico, Greg and Lucas, Magnolia, Barton Springs, breakfast tacos, the Michener Center for Writers.
5. Answer the question you wish we had asked.
Do you have a dog?
No, but I want one bad. I'll probably get one this summer, maybe a chihuahua or a weenie dog.