1. If you were reviewing your own work, how would you describe its style or point of view?
Ornate sand castles in a hurricane of existential angst.
2. Who are some of your favorite contemporary authors?
Martin Amis, Phillip Roth, Neil Gaiman, Nick Hornby, Mary Gaitskill
3. If you were told you couldn't write anymore, what job would you pursue and why?
Restaurant owner. I have always loved the restaurant business for its chaos and its fun and its ability to take focus away from myself and the worries of everyday life.
I would also continue to pursue my other creative interests of photography and music. I believe in diversification.
4. When you think of Austin, what comes to mind?
Friends. Food. Bats. Music. In that order.
5. Answer the question you wish we had asked.