For details on this SOLD OUT event, please visit http://www.bookpeople.com/event/lena-dunham-not-kind-girl.
Sunday, October 12 at 6PM
Creator & Star of Girls
talking about her new book,
Not That Kind of Girl:
A Young Woman Tells You
What She's "Learned"
at Central Presbyterian Church
200 East 8th St., Austin
TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT
Join us for an evening with the creator and star of the hit HBO show Girls, Lena Dunham, as she discusses hew new collection of essays. Tickets are required and are SOLD OUT. Tickets to this event are no longer available.
- Tickets are sold out.
- Tickets include one signed copy of Not That Kind of Girl.
- Each ticket admits ONE person to Central Presbyterian Church for this event.
- Purchased tickets may be picked up at BookPeople in advance of the event.
- Will Call opens at Central Presbyterian Church at 4:30pm.
- This event is being held at Central Presbyterian Church, NOT at BookPeople.
- All books will be pre-signed. There will be no public signing.
- Unfortunately, we cannot take orders for signed copies for those not attending the event.
- More details to come! This is going to be a blast! Stay tuned for updates!
- Give us a call (512-472-5050)
- Or shoot us an email: online (at) bookpeople.com
About Not That Kind of Girl
“If I could take what I’ve learned and make one menial job easier for you, or prevent you from having the kind of sex where you feel you must keep your sneakers on in case you want to run away during the act, then every misstep of mine was worthwhile. I’m already predicting my future shame at thinking I had anything to offer you, but also my future glory in having stopped you from trying an expensive juice cleanse or thinking that it was your fault when the person you are dating suddenly backs away, intimidated by the clarity of your personal mission here on earth. No, I am not a sexpert, a psychologist, or a dietician. I am not a mother of three or the owner of a successful hosiery franchise. But I am a girl with a keen interest in having it all, and what follows are hopeful dispatches from the frontlines of that struggle.”
About Lena Dunham
Lena Dunham is the creator and star of the critically-acclaimed HBO series Girls, for which she also serves as executive producer, writer and director. She has been nominated for 8 Emmy awards and has won 2 Golden Globes, including Best Actress, for her work on Girls. Lena has also written and directed two feature length films (including 2011's Tiny Furniture), created two web series, and is a frequent contributor to the The New Yorker. Lena graduated from Oberlin College in 2008.
We're very excited to bring Lena Dunham to Austin! Thank you for your continued support of your local independent bookstore. It's book lovers like you who make events like this possible!
Central Presbyterian Church
200 E. 8th Street
Austin, Texas 78701