For details, please visit http://www.bookpeople.com/event/john-darnielle-wolf-white-van.
From BookPeople's website:
Writer, composer, guitarist, and vocalist for the band the Mountain Goats, John Darnielle, now makes his fiction debut with his new novel, Wolf in White Van. A highly regarded lyricist, Darnielle has created a story which Daniel Handler describes as "Quiet, mysterious, menacing, taking you places you will never, never get out of your head." Darnielle will appear in conversation with Austin American-Statesman writer Joe Gross. Join us this evening in welcoming John Darnielle to BookPeople and back to Austin for his book, Wolf in White Van.
- The speaking portion of this event is free and open to the public.
- TICKETS ARE REQUIRED TO JOIN THE SIGNING LINE. Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Wolf in White Van from BookPeople.
- Purchasing a book via our website automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing line.There is no separate "ticket" item to add to your cart.
- Books & tickets are currently available to pre-order. They will be available for pick-up September 16, the day the book goes on sale nationwide.
- Please email online (at) bookpeople.com with any questions, or give us a call: 512-472-5050.
- Can't make it to the event? You can order a signed copy! Add the book to your cart and write SIGNED COPY in the comments field during checkout. We ship all over the world!
About Wolf in White Van
Welcome to Trace Italian, a game of strategy and survival! You may now make your first move.
Isolated by a disfiguring injury since the age of seventeen, Sean Phillips crafts imaginary worlds for strangers to play in. From his small apartment in southern California, he orchestrates fantastic adventures where possibilities, both dark and bright, open in the boundaries between the real and the imagined. As the creator of “Trace Italian”—a text-based, role-playing game played through the mail—Sean guides players from around the world through his intricately imagined terrain, which they navigate and explore, turn by turn, seeking sanctuary in a ravaged, savage future America.
Lance and Carrie are high school students from Florida, and are explorers of the Trace. But when they take their play into the real world, disaster strikes, and Sean is called on to account for it. In the process, he is pulled back through time, tracing back toward the moment of his own self-inflicted departure from the world in which most people live.
Brilliantly constructed, Wolf in White Van unfolds backward in time until we arrive at both the beginning and the climax: the event that has shaped so much of Sean’s life. Beautifully written and unexpectedly moving, John Darnielle’s audacious and gripping debut novel is a marvel of storytelling brio and genuine literary delicacy.
Thank you for supporting your local independent bookstore! It's thanks to book lovers like YOU that we're able to bring awesome authors like John Darnielle to Austin.