For details, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/781239841989109/.
From the event's Facebook page:
THE THIRD ANNUAL NEY DAY is THIS SATURDAY 5/16, Noon – 5PM!
Celebrate Elisabet Ney and her legacy of inspiring creativity this weekend! All for free admission, at the Ney Museum! #NEYDAY all week!
• Come hear live music from Elizabeth McQueen and EMQ, as well as SeVana Marimba, Yes Ma’am Brass Band, Naga Valli, and the Djembabes!
• Enjoy performances from Austin trapeze artist Madi Ward, and hoola hoop hero Hullaba Loola
• Visit a ton of booths with activities set up by organizations ranging from Girls Rock Camp to Tree Folks! Clay crafting, book making, science projects, sculpting demos and much, much, more for all ages. And food trucks, ice cream and more!
• And, a special new feature: readings and book signings from Austin authors Sarah Bird, Elizabeth McCracken, Elizabeth Crook and Mary Helen Specht, the Inaugural Elisabet Ney Museum Writer in Residence! BookWoman will be there, helping to produce this part of the celebration!
• PLUS, witness the unveiling of “DANCE OF THE COSMOS” a new temporary outdoor sculpture by Elisabet Ney Museum Featured Artist Jennifer Chenoweth!.
• For the first time, Ney Day is a part of the West Austin Studio Tour! (It’s Special Event Site “K”)
• Admission as always is FREE!
Find us on all major social media (#NeyDay), or visit www.austintexas.gov/elisabetney
Come celebrate with us!